HOTLINE050 447 70 63
We are available 24/7
Leave your contact details
and we contact you
Thank you for reaching out

Or contact us:

info@imi.org.ua

050 447 70 63

File a complaint

Proceedings against Bihus.info on Poroshenko’s claim opened

29.09.2021, 18:58
espreso.tv
espreso.tv

The District Administrative Court of Kyiv has decided to open proceedings in the administrative case on the claim of the ex-president Petro Poroshenko against the public organization "Volume 14" (Bihus.Info) demanding to oblige journalists to publish telephone conversations of MP Viktor Medvedchuk. 

Poroshenko's lawyer Ihor Holovan made this announcement, as Interfax-Ukraine reported.

“Bihus.info is the defendant in the administrative process. After many months of "dancing with a tambourine", the Ukrainian "administrative Themis" was forced to open administrative proceedings on our lawsuit against Bihus.Info (real name - public organization "Volume 14"), where we demand the publication of the so-called Medvedchuk's tapes in their original form, ” Ihor Golovan wrote on Facebook.

He stressed that none of the videos published by the defendant “can be considered as being made public, as this is a doctored video file, and the true appearance of the files transmitted to Bihus.info by the authorities is highlighted on the same videos. These are audio files that the names contain phone numbers. We demand that these files be published in this form, ”the lawyer said.

Golovan also noted that at the opening of the proceedings the court tried to protect Bihus.Info.

The party's website also contains scans of the relevant court ruling.

As reported by IMI, As it was reported previously, Bihus.Info journalists released four stories based on "Medvedchuk's films" - recordings which, according to journalists, evidenced there had been relations between the chairman of the political council of the "Opposition Platform - For Life" Viktor Medvedchuk and Petro Poroshenko, Medvedchuk's involvement in Ukrainian part of the oil pipeline "Samara - Western direction" and participation in negotiations on the exchange of people with the occupied territories. Poroshenko and his party called the recordings to be fake.

Earlier, Poroshenko's lawyer Igor Golovan announced they would sue "Volume 14" (Bihus.Info) and President Volodymyr Zelensky. Among other things, lawyers demanded that all "Medvedchuk's tapes" with Poroshenko to be made public.

Journalist Denys Bihus explained that the "Volume 14" NGO, which he runs and to which the previous president Petro Poroshenko sues, does not possess the "Medvedchuk's tapes". He said it on Facebook .

Denys Bihus noted that this was himself, not the NGO, who was the owner of the records, and all of them have already been made public.

On July 12, the Kyiv District Administrative Court referred the case of the MP Petro Poroshenko against the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky and the NGO "Volume 14" due to publication by Bihus.Info of "Medvedchuk's tapes" to the Administrative Court of Cassation.

On 9 of August, the Supreme Court of the Administrative Court of Cassation declared inadmissible the claim of ex-president Petro Poroshenko to Bihus.Info, in which he asked the court to oblige journalists to publish telephone conversations of MP Viktor Medvedchuk. This is said in the decision of the Supreme Court of August 9, as Bihus.Info reported.

Liked the article?
Help us be even more cool!
Do you want to be first to learn about the new research of the Institute of Mass Information? Subscribe to the newsletter!
Thank you for suscribing!