Supreme Court dropped Poroshenko’s claim against Bihus.info on "Medvedchuk's tapes"
The Supreme Court of the Administrative Court of Cassation declared inadmissible the claim of ex-president Petro Poroshenko to Bihus.Info, in which he asked the court to oblige journalists to publish telephone conversations of MP Viktor Medvedchuk. This is said in the decision of the Supreme Court of August 9, as Bihus.Info reported.
This is a question of recordings of conversations Viktor Medvedchuk had in 2014-2017, which became the basis of four series of journalistic investigations. In total, this is more than 30 hours of Medvedchuk's conversations with Kremlin officials and officials / militants of the so-called "DPR" and "LPR" (Donetsk and Louhansk Popular Republics).
Petro Poroshenko's lawyers have joined the claims against Bihus.Info and the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky. According to Poroshenko's representatives, he also has these telephone conversations.
"After examining the case file, the panel of judges pointed at Poroshenko's lawyers' violation of jurisdiction, because neither the District Administrative Court in Kyiv, nor the Supreme Court in the Administrative Court of Cassation have grounds to consider Poroshenko's lawsuit against Bihus.Info," the publication noted.
As it was reported previously, Bihus.Info journalists released four stories based on "Medvedchuk's films" - recordings which, according to journalists, evidenced there had been relations between the chairman of the political council of the "Opposition Platform - For Life" Viktor Medvedchuk and Petro Poroshenko, Medvedchuk's involvement in Ukrainian part of the oil pipeline "Samara - Western direction" and participation in negotiations on the exchange of people with the occupied territories. Poroshenko and his party called the recordings to be fake.
Earlier, Poroshenko's lawyer Igor Golovan announced they would sue "Volume 14" (Bihus.Info) and President Volodymyr Zelensky. Among other things, lawyers demanded that all "Medvedchuk's tapes" with Poroshenko to be made public.
Journalist Denys Bihus explained that the "Volume 14" NGO, which he runs and to which the previous president Petro Poroshenko sues, does not possess the "Medvedchuk's tapes". He said it on Facebook .
Denys Bihus noted that this was himself, not the NGO, who was the owner of the records, and all of them have already been made public.
On July 12, the Kyiv District Administrative Court referred the case of the MP Petro Poroshenko against the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky and the NGO "Volume 14" due to publication by Bihus.Info of "Medvedchuk's tapes" to the Administrative Court of Cassation.
Help us be even more cool!