Polozhynsky renounced Order from Zelensky and reminded him of Sheremet's case
The President Volodymyr Zelensky awarded the Thirs Class Order of Merit to the Ukrainian singer, former leader of the Tartak band Oleksandr Polozhynsky. This is said in the decree osigned by the head of state №335 / 2020 of August 21.
The title was awarded on the occasion of the Independence Day of Ukraine.
"For a significant personal contribution to state building, socio-economic, scientific and technical, cultural and educational development of Ukraine, significant labor achievements and high professionalism," the decree reads.
At the same time, Oleksandr Polozhynsky refused to accept the order, as he said in his video message posted on Facebook, Radio Liberty reported.
"Today (August 24. - Ed.), returning from the March of Defenders, dedicated to the 29th anniversary of Ukraine's independence, I learned that you awarded me the Order of Merit of the Third Class. At least, I was shown a decree published on the Internet under your signature, with my name on. On this occasion, I want to tell you… Today, as we marched in the column, we also mentioned people whom have been, - without any legitimate cause, at least, not even once any strong evidence had been presented to prove their guilt - accused of a crime, felony. This is my friend and colleague - musician Andriy Riffmaster Antonenko, this is Dr. Yulia Kuzmenko, this is military medical professional Yana Duhar. These people really deserve awards, at least because they have been suffering from lawlessness for more than six months. And among other things, your name is involved in this case, because the briefing was held involving your person, where these people were unjustifiably called murderers - without trial, without investigation, without evidence, " Polozhynsky said.
He added that he had enough awards. In particular, the musician stressed that the reward for him was concerts and his audience. As well as the honors he received from the military at the front, whom he gave concerts for.
As IMI reported, on August 12, the Kyiv Court of Appeals remanded in custody a veteran of the anti-terrorist operation, musician Andriy Antonenko, who is suspect in the case of the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet.
In July, Kyiv's Pechersk District Court extended Antonenko's detention for two months.
On August 11, the Kyiv Court of Appeals changed the measure of restraint for the suspect in the case of the murder of journalist Pavlo Sheremet, Yulia Kuzmenko, from custody to 24-hour house arrest .
Pavel Sheremet died in Kyiv on July 20, 2016 in a car blast.
On December 12, 2019, Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said that the National Police had detained and pressed suspicion to those involved in the murder of Pavel Sheremet.
On December 12, Deputy Head of the National Police - Chief of Criminal Police Yevgeny Koval reported that the explosive under the car of journalist Pavel Sheremet was put by the ATO musician and volunteer Andriy Antonenko and doctor and volunteer Yulia Kuzmenko.
The same day, Yevhen Koval said that the investigation considered the main version of the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet was to destabilize the social and political situation in Ukraine.
On 12 December, the editorial staff of “Ukrayinska Pravda” (UP) claimed to be stupefied by the investigative lead into the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet, as “UP” web-based edition reported on its website.
“We welcome the fact that the investigation is underway and the case has not been forgotten. We have to say it frankly, the lead of investigation stupefied us. Actually, we took the information they set out with reserve, ” the UP’s message reads.
On July 23, 2019, Head of the National Police Serhiy Knyazev told that the murder of Pavel Sheremet still remained unsolved.
On July 23, 2019, the head of the National Police, Serhiy Knyazev, reported to the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky some classified information about the progress of the investigation into the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet.
On July 23, 2019, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky told that those responsible for the murder of Pavel Sheremet would be found.
In November 2019, Prosecutor General Ruslan Ryaboshapka told that the detention of the spouses of ATO veterans Vladyslav and Inna Gryschenko was not related to the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet. But, their involvement in the murder of the journalist was to be verified, the same as involvement of other persons.
Help us be even more cool!