Belarusian PGO required to recognize 50 internet resources extremists
The Prosecutor General's Office of Belarus has filed more than 50 lawsuits to ban Internet resources. The Prosecutor General of Belarus Andriy Shved said this in a program of Belarus 1 TV channel on July 26, as Interfax-Ukraine reported.
“The line of action which is very important for the entire law enforcement bloc and prosecutors, is, among others, to have a response to various information resources that disseminate extremist, unreliable information and are used to destabilize the situation. To date, prosecutors have filed more than 50 lawsuits to ban activities (Internet resources), and all these lawsuits have been implemented, ”the Prosecutor General stressed.
His department is monitoring the Internet every day, as he said.
“If there are the slightest signs that the requirements of the law on media coverage of various facts and events are violated, we will react immediately. If we find signs of a crime, we immediately initiate criminal proceedings. According to the results of this year's monitoring, prosecutors have opened more than 300 criminal cases, "said Shved.
He also stressed that one of the tasks of the prosecutor's office is to coordinate the activities of law enforcement agencies, in particular in the fight against extremism, actions related to the coup attempt, and violations of public order.
Andriy Sved reminded that more than 4.2 thousand criminal proceedings related to extremism and terrorism have been initiated in Belarus.
As IMI reported, according to the Viasna human rights center, the Lukashenko regime in Belarus liquidated at least 56 non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Today the Viasna list includes 56 organizations, including "Center for Legal Transformation", "Office of European Expertise and Communications", Human Constanta, Media Platform "Imena", Belarusian Press Club, Office for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, "Art Usadba", " Mova Nanova ”,“ IPM Business School ”and others.
As IMI reported, on July 22, the Ministry of Justice of Belarus filed a lawsuit in the Supreme Court of the country to liquidate the Belarusian PEN Center, a civil case has already been initiated against it.
on July 16, the journalist of the Belarusian service of Radio Svoboda Inna Studzinska who had been detained by security forces in Minsk, was on hunger strike for the second day, demanding to allow hew defense lawyer to visit her.
As of July 21, she and her colleagues Oleh Hruzdylovych and Ales Dashchynsky. No charges were filed against them for that moment.
As IMI reported, on July 20, it became known that journalists of the Belarusian service of Radio Liberty - Oleg Gruzdylovich and Oles Dashchynsky - were detained for 10 days in Minsk.
As IMI reported, On July 16, security forces in Belarus searched journalists working for Belsat TV.
On the same day in Minsk, in the office of the Belarusian service of Radio Svoboda, during a search, security officers broke down doors and seized equipment.
As IMI reported quoting BAJ, on July 18, in 60 days more than 60 searches were conducted in the media outlets and the homes of journalists in Belarus.
As IMI reported, on July 14, mass searches and detentions of activists, human rights activists, and journalists took place throughout Belarus. In particular, searches took place in the offices of at least 13 NGOs, including the Viasna Human Rights Center, the Lawtrend rights group, the Association of the World's Belarusians Batslaushchyna (Fatherland), the Names project, the Territory of Rights group, the Gender Perspectives human rights organization, the Belarusian Association of Journalists, the Union of Belarusian Writers, the Belarusian Popular Front, the For Freedom movement, and the BEROC Center of Economic Investigations.
Help us be even more cool!