Occupation court in Crimea reviews the case against blogger Osmanov in his absence
The occupation Kyiv District Court of Simferopol reviewed the case against the Crimean Tatar citizen journalist and blogger Rolan Osmanov in his absence.
This was reported in the video posted by Rolan Osmanov on Facebook.
"Rolan and I arrived at the court, but when we passed the passport checks and made it to the office, we were told that the case had been reviewed without us and the judge was already in the consultation room," the blogger's lawyer said.
Osmanov's lawyer intends to appeal the decision regarding the case. At the same time, he stressed that the court's decision was still unknown.
We remind you that on March 15, 2023, there was a search at Rolan Osmanov's home. That day, he was taken to the FSB office, where he was required to explain whether or not he had been involved in the Bağçasaray railway sabotage. He passed the polygraph test, and was taken to the "Center for Countering Extremism" afterwards. There, a case was opened against him over public expression of contempt for the authorities of the Russian Federation. The sentence that became the reason for drawing up the case was taken from his post and went like this: "No tsar is worth dying or being killed for. The tsars come and go, but we remain here."
On April 11, 2023, Rolan Osmanov said he had been to the court to review the material of the case brought against him.
"The case itself is absurd. It was opened because I said on Facebook that no tsar was worth killing or dying for and all this would not last for much longer. I don't what the jude's face will look like as they will be trying this absurd case," said the blogger.
Help us be even more cool!