"Inter" says they do not doubt the patriotism of their host Anastasia Dauhule
"Inter" TV channel stated that they have no doubts about the pro-Ukrainian civic stance of their host Anastasia Dauhule.
This is mentioned in the TV channel's statement regarding the media community's address which called for the exclusion of hosts who used to spread pro-russian propaganda from the national telethons.
The channel stated that Dauhule "never worked for the so-called Medvedchuk or Poroshenko TV channels and never engaged in political propaganda."
“Every journalist, host, editor who works for the groups' channels is working on the Ukrainian information frontline. The NIS editorial office was very surprised to see Anastasia Dauhule on the list of the 'undesirable' TV hosts," the statement reads.
The channel stressed that Dauhule has never hosted any political programs despite having worked there for 15 years.
“Anastasia Dauhule has been working with the NIS Group as a news host of the United News telethon since the first day of the war. In fact, she was one of the few employees who were not afraid to come to the channel and broadcast under fire. All this time, Anastasia has been working in Kyiv, even though she had the opportunity to go abroad. Together with the editorial office, she was in the studio around the clock and worked in the capital during the most difficult time from the military point of view. Just like her colleagues from other TV channels – Tatiana Honcharova, Nazar Dovhy, and Tigran Martirosyan," the statement reads.
In addition, the channel notes that Anastasia Dauhule, like most Inter TV hosts and their colleagues from other channels, works as a correspondent and fims stories, namely from dangerous areas.
"We believe that Anastasia Dauhule's professional contribution to the United News telethon is undeniable. We have no doubts about her professionalism or her pro-Ukrainian civic stance, which she has repeatedly stated publicly," the statement said.
Anastasia Dauhule herself called the media community's address a "witch hunt."
As IMI reported, on May 12, Ukrainian journalists and human rights groups called for the exclusion of hosts who have previously played along with the enemy's rethoric and used to spread kremlin propaganda for many years.
This is first of all about Vasyl Holovanov, Tigran Martirosyan, Natasha Vlashchenko, Tetyana Honcharova, Nazar Dovhyy, Volodymyr Poluyev, Anna Stepanets, Anastasia Dauhule.
The authors of the appeal believe that now Ukraine has the chance to clear out our media space and to set up an institute of reputation to protect Ukraine from repeating the story in the future.
On May 13, the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine opposed the exclusion of pro-russian hosts from the telethons. The MCIP believes that today is not the time for public lustrations and incitement of conflicts within the country and the professional journalist community. The MCIP advises to pay attention to the position taken by the listed pro-russian hosts during the war instead.
The address has been signed by over 326 journalists, media, NGOs and movements. 27 people from "Media Group Ukraine," in particular from Ukraine and Ukraine 24 channels, signed the appeal.
"Media Group Ukraine" stated that it had no doubts about the pro-Ukrainian civic stance of the TV hosts whom the media community called for excluding from national telethons because of their pro-russian narratives.
Help us be even more cool!