Court upheld the restrictive measure for Antonenko and Duhar
The Shevchenkivskyi District Court of Kyiv extended the restrictive measure for two months for Andriy Antonenko and Yana Duhar, suspected of the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet, as Ukrayinska Pravda reported.
Andriy Antonenko remains under 24-hour house arrest until October 17, and Duhar is under personal obligation. Andriy Antonenko must keep on wearing an electronic bracelet.
So, the prosecutor’s motion has been granted.
The trial on the merits will continue on August 31.
Pavel Sheremet died in Kyiv on July 20, 2016 in a car blast.
On December 12, 2019, Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said that the National Police had detained and pressed suspicion to those involved in the murder of Pavel Sheremet.
On December 12, Deputy Head of the National Police - Chief of Criminal Police Yevgeny Koval reported that the explosive under the car of journalist Pavel Sheremet was put by the ATO musician and volunteer Andriy Antonenko and doctor and volunteer Yulia Kuzmenko.
The same day, Yevhen Koval said that the investigation considered the main version of the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet was to destabilize the social and political situation in Ukraine.
On 12 December, the editorial staff of “Ukrayinska Pravda” (UP) claimed to be stupefied by the investigative lead into the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet, as “UP” web-based edition reported on its website.
On July 23, 2019, Head of the National Police Serhiy Knyazev told that the murder of Pavel Sheremet still remained unsolved.
On July 23, 2019, the head of the National Police, Serhiy Knyazev, reported to the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky some classified information about the progress of the investigation into the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet.
On July 23, 2019, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky told that those responsible for the murder of Pavel Sheremet would be found.
On April 30, the Shevchenkivskyi District Court of Kyiv changed the measure of restraint for the accused Andriy Antonenko, from custody to 24-hour house arrest.
On July 16, Interior Minister Denis Monastyrskyi promised to draw conclusions about the quality of law enforcement in the case of Pavel Sheremet following a court ruling.
On July 27, the Shevchenkivsky District Court of the capital continued consideration of the case of the murder of journalist Pavlo Sheremet against three defendants : Andriy Antonenko, Yana Duhar and Yulia Kuzmenko. The court continued to examine the evidence in the case previously provided by the prosecutor.
On August 3, the Shevchenkivskyi District Court in Kyiv examined the expert study of one of suspected of murder of Pavel Sheremet, Yuliya Kuzmenko’s gait. The case file provided by the prosecutor, as Ukrinform reported.
“Expert study of the Yulia Kuzmenko’s walking gait was considered, that one involving (British expert Ivan Birch- ed.) Birch. We analyzed it in detail, and found that the level of this conditionality (evidence - ed.), admitted by Mr Birch, was 15%. That is, the probability that it was Yulia Kuzmenko (in the video, which was provided for examination - ed.) was of 15%. On the basis of these 15%, Mr Birch concluded that "conditional sufficiency" (evidence - ed.) ", - said the lawyer.
On 6 August, Yana Dugar, a defendant in the case of the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet, said she had noticed to be under surveillance. Yana Duhar said it on her Facebook page
Help us be even more cool!