Contact man in Russia could influence motive for murder of Sheremets – Ministry of the Interior’s spokesman
According to the investigation, a month before the murder, Pavel Sheremet came to Russia, as Censor.NET reported with reference to RBC-Ukraine. The director of department of communications of the Ministry of the Interior Artem Shevchenko told it.
Artem Shevchenko said, the investigation into the case of perpetrators of Sheremet's murder had been completed, and the case against the customers was ongoing.
"This crime was committed against a Russian citizen, a foreigner. He was visiting the territory of the aggressor country for several times and was in contact with some person there a month before his death. In our opinion, this could also significantly influence the motive for this murder," Shevchenko said.
He also noted that the investigation went on searching for those who incited the perpetrators "knowingly or unknowingly" to murder Pavel Sheremet. Shevchenko also stressed that the police did not prevent the suspects from getting acquainted with the case materials and provided them with all photo and video materials.
As IMI reported, on June 1, As IMI reported, on June 1, National Police investigators opened 38 volumes of files of the pre-trial investigation into the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet to the lawyers of the suspects Yana Dugar, Yulia Kuzmenko and Andriy Antonenko.
On May 22, police completed an investigation into three suspects in Sheremet's murder.
On May 21, the investigators changed suspicion of the suspects in the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet - Yulia Kuzmenko, Andriy Antonenko and Yana Duhar.
Pavel Sheremet died in Kyiv on July 20, 2016 in a car blast.
On December 12, 2019, Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said that the National Police had detained and pressed suspicion to those involved in the murder of Pavel Sheremet.
On December 12, Deputy Head of the National Police - Chief of Criminal Police Yevgeny Koval reported that the explosive under the car of journalist Pavel Sheremet was put by the ATO musician and volunteer Andriy Antonenko and doctor and volunteer Yulia Kuzmenko.
The same day, Yevhen Koval said that the investigation considered the main version of the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet was to destabilize the social and political situation in Ukraine.
On 12 December, the editorial staff of “Ukrayinska Pravda” (UP) claimed to be stupefied by the investigative lead into the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet, as “UP” web-based edition reported on its website.
“We welcome the fact that the investigation is underway and the case has not been forgotten. We have to say it frankly, the lead of investigation stupefied us. Actually, we took the information they set out with reserve, ” the UP’s message reads.
On July 23, 2019, Head of the National Police Serhiy Knyazev told that the murder of Pavel Sheremet still remained unsolved.
On July 23, 2019, the head of the National Police, Serhiy Knyazev, reported to the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky some classified information about the progress of the investigation into the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet.
On July 23, 2019, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky told that those responsible for the murder of Pavel Sheremet would be found.
In November 2019, Prosecutor General Ruslan Ryaboshapka told that the detention of the spouses of ATO veterans Vladyslav and Inna Gryschenko was not related to the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet. But, their involvement in the murder of the journalist was to be verified, the same as involvement of other persons.
Help us be even more cool!