In December, The Family became the biggest customer of ordered materials in national mass media
The monitoring covers six national printed media ("Komsomolskaya Pravda v Ukraine", "Fakty", "Korrespondent", "Komentary," "Segodnya" and "Ukrayinskiy Tyzhden") and four online editions (Liga, Obosrevatel, UNIAN and LB.ua ).
The biggest number of "jeans" materials was found in the newspaper "Komsomolskaya Pravda v Ukraine" - 55 materials and "Fakty" – 40 materials. The level of "jeans" in the printed media nationwide remained steady during two months after the parliamentary elections in October. The number of politically and commercially sponsored materials was equal in December.
The Family representatives, who use ordered materials in media, remained the same – in particular, it was First Deputy Prime Minister Serhiy Arbuzov, who promoted himself in December as the chairman of the National Bank of Ukraine:
1. German political analysts Alexander Rahr: "While Europe is busy with launching a money printing machine, Ukraine has achieved a financial stability " ("Fakty" 4/12/12).
2. 2. Experts chose the best banker of Eastern Europe ("Komsomolskaya Pravda v Ukraine» № 271, 04.11.12);
3. National Bank increases ideal assets ("Komsomolskaya Pravda v Ukraine» № 288, 24.12.12);
4. National Bank intends to free Ukrainians from the dollar hook (№ 280/50, 14-20.12.12).
Another member of The Family who uses jeans and improperly labeled materials to promote his image is Oleksander Klymenko, Minister for Incomes and Charges of Ukraine, former head of the Tax Services of Ukraine.
1. Minister for Incomes and Charges Oleksander Klymenko: “The introduction of national standards will prevent channeling some 100 billion hryvnias out of Ukraine” (Fakty of 26.12.12).
2. The Tax Inspection starts struggle against offshores (Komsomolskaya Pravda v Ukraine» № 282, 17.12.12).
Victor Medvedchuk remains among those who uses shady methods of PR:
1. Education as a basis of the Ukrainian independence (Komsomolskaya Pravda v Ukraine» № 272, 05.12.12);
2. Ukraine needs another parliament, or You rule the country! (Komsomolskaya Pravda v Ukraine» № 276, 10.12.12)
And Deputy Prime Minister Yuri Boyko, who actively promotes the energy independence from Russia:
1. Ukraine attracts foreign suppliers to reduce the gas price (Komsomolskaya Pravda v Ukraine» № 282, 17.12.12)
2. Yuri Boyko: with help of funds from our German partners, we will increase the reliability of the Ukrainian gas-transport system” (Fakty of 12.12.12)
After the election, the level of improper labeled materials is still high. This kind of violation of the legislation on advertising was recorded in December in all printed media, which were monitored by IMI. The leader by placement of improperly marked advertisements is “Segodnya” newspaper.
As for online editions, IMI monitored news during December 10-16. Compared to the pre-election months, "jeans" in the Internet became more identical.
The main heroes of materials with ordered features were representatives of the highest government – the Prime Minister with his promises, orders and "success", and President Yanukovych with the official reports of his trip to India. When giving news about the supreme power, online edition just copy the releases of press services of the president and the government.
In December, the National Bank joined the company of those who use ordered materials – it persuaded Ukrainians of the hryvnia stability and the dollar insecurity. Materials with ordered features also touted National Bank head Serhiy Arbuzov (calling it the best banker of the Eastern Europe), with a reference to findings of the German Research Center, which does not exist at all, as it was later established by journalists.
The biggest number of "jeans" in favor of government was posted by “Obosrevatel”, owned by one of the leading representatives of the current government team. The second place was occupied by UNIAN.
Help us be even more cool!