Prosecutor General pledged to have adequate response in case of assault against UP TV crew
The case of the attack on the Ukrainian Pravda TV crew at the Dnipro airport is under the Prosecutor general’s control and the response will be adequate, as the Prosecutor General Iryna Venediktova says on her Facebook page.
"Restrictions provided by law do not allow me to speak in layman’s terms, but I would like to. I watched everything available on the Internet. I instructed prosecutors to get involved immediately. The head of the regional prosecutor's office will report personally tomorrow on the progress of investigative actions. The case is under control, " she said.
Venediktova also assured that the Prosecutor General's Office would have a close look at the actions of all those involved without exception.
As IMI reported, in Dnipro, on February 13, some unknown people aggressed the TV crew of Mykhailo Tkach, the head of the Ukrainian Pravda journalistic investigation department. The incident took place near the VIP terminal of the city airport. According to UP, at about 3 pm, unknown individuals approached Yaroslav Bondarenko, a videographer of the UP, who was performing an editorial task, and demanded to delete the video. When Yaroslav refused, one of the men started threatening him with a knife and forced the UP operator to say the password from his phone and deleted all the videos that had been taken.
The police opened two criminal cases for obstruction of journalistic activity (Article 171 of Criminal Code) and threats or violence against journalist (Article 345-1 of Criminal Code)
Help us be even more cool!