Sheremet's case: judge restricted access to sitting for journalists
A judge of the Kyiv Court of Appeal, who considered appeal against the arrest of the suspect in the murder of Pavel Sheremet Andriy Antonenko, restricted access of ther journalists to the courtroom, as Radio Liberty reported.
“The two National Guards don’t let in the courtroom where they consider the Sheremet case. According to the court's press service, the judge decided not to allow more than 35 persons into the courtroom, ” as Radio Liberty correspondent reported. He later added that finally, he could attend the meeting.
“There are a lot of people in the courtroom of the Kyiv Court of Appeal. But there are even free seats. However, the court limits the access for the mass media and activists inside. This was a miracle that the Radio Liberty could get in, ” the correspondent said.
The Kyiv Court of Appeal considered on December 23 the appeal of one of the suspects in the case of the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet Andrei Antonenko against his arrest. The appeal was due to take place last week, but the hearing scheduled for December 20 was adjourned because the judge had failed to review the case file. The judge remained in force a preventive measure in the form of arrest for Andriy Antonenko (Riffmaster), a suspect in the case on the murder of journalist Pavlo Sheremet.
IMI reported, on December 12, the Deputy Head of the National Police - Chief of Criminal Police Yevhen Koval named five suspects in the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet. He announced it at the briefing. Among the suspected Special Operations Forces Sergeant Andriy Antonenko, military medic Yana Dugar, volunteer Yulia Kuzmenko and veterans of the armed conflict in the Donbass Inna (Cougar) and Vladyslav (Bucha) Gryschenko.
on December 12, the Interior Minister Arsen Avakov reported that the National Police had detained and, with the consent of the GPU, pressed suspicion to those involved in the murder of Pavel Sheremet.
Earlier, the Ukrainska Pravda newspaper, citing its own sources, wrote about the alleged involvement of war veterans in the Donbass Inna and Vladislav Gryshchenko in the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet.
Pavel Sheremet died in Kyiv on July 20, 2016 as a result of a car blast.
On July 23, 2019, Head of the National Police Serhiy Knyazev told that the murder of Pavel Sheremet still remained unsolved.
On July 23, 2019, the head of the National Police, Serhiy Knyazev, reported to the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky some classified information about the progress of the investigation into the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet.
On July 23, 2019, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky told that those responsible for the murder of Pavel Sheremet would be found.
In November 2019, Prosecutor General Ruslan Ryaboshapka told that the detention of the spouses of ATO veterans Vladyslav and Inna Gryschenko was not related to the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet. But, their involvement in the murder of the journalist was to be verified, the same as involvement of other persons.
Photo credits: Serhiy Nuzhnenko / RAdio Liberty