On July 29, online discussion "Journalists and local elections: how to work for the community, not for politicians" to be held
On July 29, on 18:00, online discussion at Suspilne will start “Journalists and local elections: how to work for the community, not for politicians”.
In cooperation with the producers from regional branches, lawyers and representatives of NGOs, the following is planned for discussion:
- local elections as an important period for regional mass media;
- amendments to the electoral legislation and how they will affect the work of journalists;
- are local media responsible for people electing "buckwheat-seeders"* (*translator's note: this is one of the names for candidites who bribe voters, traditionally, with "free" sets food products that often include buckwheat);
- how to persuade local deputies to give comments and come to programs without «warm baths»;
- how to cover the work of deputies before elections and not make it jeansa;
- how journalists can protect themselves against possible pressure of officials;
- what dangers can be expected by regional mass media during local elections, and how to prepare for them.
Journalists, politicians, officials of the executive branch, and representatives of the civil sector and diplomatic institutions are invited to participate.
The event moderator will be the news anchor of UA:Pershyi, Darya Hirna.
The online broadcast will be at the Facebook page of the Suspilne broadcaster.
Everyone is welcome to exchange their opinions in the comments to the broadcast.
Help us be even more cool!