On January 27 – round table on attacks on activists and persecution of civil society
On January 27, in Kyiv (49A Volodymyrska St) Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union, Information Center on Human Rights “ZMINA”, and NGO “Truth Hounds” with a support of Freedom House in Ukraine will hold the round table “Protection of civic activists: exiting problems and possible solutions”.
The event will be held in business conference-hall “Inveria”from 10.00 to 13.00.
The report they will present provides statistics on physical assaults and other forms of reprisals of civil rights defenders. Following the presentation of the results of the monitoring study, the participants will discuss major trends and recommendations.
Topics to be discussed :
- Ways of pressure on civic activists in Ukraine in 2019.
- Work of the network of monitors on documentation of attacks and pressure on civic activists.
- Recommendations for government authorities and civil society, which will help to increase effectiveness of protection of civic activists.
- Legal issues in the area of protection of civic activists.
- Law enforcements: what can be done to protect civic activists right now.
- Investigation of crimes against activists in 2019.
- Work of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine in the field of protection of civic activists.
Speakers of the event:
Matthew Schaaf, Freedom House office in Ukraine;
Vyacheslav Likhachov, Information Center on Human Rights “ZMINA”;
Roman Avraamenko, NGO “Truth Hounds”;
Myroslav Lavrinok, UHHRU;
Oleksandr Pavlichenko, UHHRU;
Hanna Rozhkova, UMDPL Association;
Igor Vasyliv, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
It is expected that MPs, representatives of the National Police of Ukraine and Prosecutor’s Office will participate in the event.
If you would like to receive more information about the event please contact Mr. Maksym Petrov, UHHRU at +38 0954834845 or email email@example.com