Mykolaiv Oblast Council convenes without media present, says they can not guarantee the journalists' safety
On March 16, the Mykolaiv Oblast Council held a meeting adopting a decision regarding the Council's leadership. No mass media representatives were invited to the meeting, which took place offline for the first time since the start of the full-scale war; there was no livestream, either. The press office said this had been due to the fact that the Council could not guarantee the media workers' safety in the event of an air raid alert.
This was reported by the IMI representative in Mykolaiv oblast.
"Today, the Mykolaiv Oblast Council held a meeting. For the first time in a year, deputies gathered in one hall to elect a new leadership for the Council. The Oblast Council voted to appoint 'Servant of the People' deputy Anton Tabunshchyk first deputy of the Council, its new chair, effectively, since the current chairwoman Hanna Zamazeyeva will now be working work in the state agency for energy efficiency. The meeting was held behind closed dooes. Neither the public nor the media could attend it: the venue was kept secret, the meeting was not livestreamed," Kateryna Sereda said.
The IMI representative wrote to the press service of the Mykolaiv Oblast Council; in their response, the Council said that they could not guarantee the safety of the media representatives during the meeting in the event of an air raid. However, they noted that they would publish a recording of the session, but had been unable to livestream it due to a lack of technical capabilities.
"We will publish the recording of the session. I will send you all the links as soon as we upload them to the official channel. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to guarantee the safety of media representatives during meetings in the event of an air raid alert. And we don't have the technical capabilities to livestream the session," said Oblast Council press secretary Hanna Chepova.
Help us be even more cool!