Photo credits: Oleksiy Burlakov
Presenter Oleksiy Burlakov quitted job on ZIK channel, as he posted such a message on Facebook
, as “Detektor Media” reported.
“Those who know me and worked with me, could remember (I hope) that it is very difficult to convince or to force me to do something that I think is wrong. And I had resigned from many jobs because of it, as I don’t know how to bow and cede and "pretend", after purchase of ZIK I decided to stay because of the little girl in my photos, ”the journalist said.
He added that after the TV channel had been purchased by Medvedchuk's ally, he looked forward to "find or engraft some sprouts of journalism", but he could not "digest the new format".
“I guess it is right to leave when there is nothing you can do or change. Now I'm going nowhere. Because he did everything I could do. So I am open to proposals and ideas of interest). And I wish the best of luck to the rest of the team which stays. Everything will be Ukraine,” he wrote.
In a comment to “Detector Media”, Oleksiy noted that he resigned because of new format of the TV channel, which "is a big restriction on journalistic activity in general".
"Nobody has ever told me that “one can say it and one cannot say other things.” There were some incidents, but I could overcome it. (…), "- the presenter said.
Burlakov added that he would continue to host the evening broadcasts on “Voice of the Capital” radio.
Alexei Burlakov began working for ZIK in March 2018: he was the host of the live broadcasting studio “First ones on the essential ones”.
Prior to that, Alex worked as editor-in-chief of regional television news, executive producer and hosted the daily talk show “Kyiv-Donbass” on Hromadske Radio and hosted programs on Espresso.
IMI reported, on June 14, it became known that ZIK TV channel has been purchased by Viktor Medvedchuk's associate Taras Kozak, who also owns NewsOne and “112 Ukraina” TV channels.
Immediately after that report on ZIK’s sale, a number of top executives and journalists resigned.
Two ZIK employees have been banned to cover the protest action
on Independence Square. However, despite the ban, editor-in-chief Igor Krymov aired the protest action that had been aired by the Hromadske.
On July 2, the editor-in-chief of ZIK TV channel Igor Krymov,
who aired the protest action against registering of certain candidates for parliamentary election on Independence Square in Kyiv, was suspended from his job duties.