No suspects of Sheremet murder identified – Ministry of Interior's spokesman
Photo credit: Reuters No suspects of Pavel Sheremet murder have been identified for now, as Artem Shevchenko, head of the Communications department of the Ministry of the Interior told at the press biefing on July 19, as Ukrinform reported. “The criminal proceeding is investigated by the investigators of the Main investigative directorate of the National police. They have not transferred to us any information to be made public for now. The crime has not been solved, at present the suspects have not been identified”, Shevchenko said. According to him, if investigators find it necessary to disclose any part of information in this criminal proceeding, "at any time, not only related to calendar, in connection to some date, but any time, we will do it quite quickly." "Please, don’t consider such a complicated, especially grave crime within some calendar date. The Criminal procedure code does not envisage any report to be presented. The only report of the work of the investigation team may be the detention of a person whom they will charge with, the second case: the pressing charges against a person who has not been detained for the moment. Neither the first, nor the second case did occur yet. Understand the investigators: it's a grievous crime, it's hard to investigate it. Do not demand an attitude toward this work of immense complexity as toward some calendar-related event, related to some date", Shevchenko added. He also noted that former Prosecutor general Viktor Shokin had been questioned by the National police investigators within this case "regarding the information he made public in one of his latest public interviews." "The information received by Mr Shokin will be checked in the course of further investigative measures during the investigation of this criminal proceeding," Shevchenko said. In early July 2019, former Prosecutor general Viktor Shokin told interviewed by some media he was "practically sure" about the identity of the person who had ordered the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet. According to him, this person, "had earlier and has now a rather high position." IMI informed, at the place where the journalist Pavel Sheremet had been murdered, an action in his memory “Who killed Pavel?” Three years without response“ will be held. Organizer of the event “Ukrainska Pravda”, web-based edition, announced it in Facebook. The action will begin at 8:00 am at the intersection of Bogdan Khmelnitsky and Ivan Franko streets. The organizers invite everyone to watch the documentary on the investigation of Sheremet’s colleagues “Murder of Paul” in the cinema house “Lira”. IMI reported, prominent Russian and Ukrainian journalist known for his criticism of his home country’s leadership Pavel Sheremet died on July 20, 2016, in the car blast in Kyiv. The assassination was qualified by the prosecutor’s office in Kyiv on the item “intentional murder.” Since the death of Pavel Sheremet, the investigation did not establish either killers or customers. On November 9, 2018, Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko in the direct TV channel “Pryamy” reported that in the case of the murder of journalist Pavel Sheremet, the Ukrainian law enforcement system has not yet got any results.
Liked the article? Help us be even more cool!