Italian state departments under russian hacker attack for two days in a row
The websites of several Italian state departments have been under DDoS attacks since the evening of May 19. This was stated by the police, according to "European Pravda," citing La Repubblica.
The attacks began around 10 pm on May 19 and have been repeating ever since, with police cyber specialists helping to contain them.
The hacking group Killnet, which is linked to russia, has claimed responsibility for the attacks. The hackers said they were attacking the websites of the High Council of the Judiciary, the customs service, the Foreign Ministry, the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Cultural Heritage.
Last week, the same group tried to "down" the websites of the Italian Senate, the Ministry of Defense and a number of other institutions and companies.
The police also said they had repulsed several attacks during the Semi-final and the Grand Final of Eurovision Song Contest in Turin, Italy. Killnet and its branch "Legion" have been named as the perpetrators.
Help us be even more cool!