On call 24 hours
Leave your data
and we'll get in touch with you
Thank you for your appeal

Or contact us:

050 447 70 63

Donate ІМІFile a complaint

In Volyn, official requests for public information can be filed only to two city councils

05.11.2015, 21:30

In Volyn, requests to receive information open to public can be filed only to Lutska and Volodymyr-Volynska city councils, because at their official websites the contact information –mail address, telephone number and e-mail – is available there. Monitoring of the Center of Political Studies and Analytics discovered this fact, Vholos reports.

82% of city councils in Volynska oblast do not have the needed contact information for filing requests, and do not satisfy the requirements set forth in the Law of Ukraine «On access to public information».

Of 11 city councils, 3 do not have an official website (Liubomyl, Ustyluh, and Berestechko town councils). Horokhiv town council’s website has no contact information at all.

For the context, the Law «On Access to Public Information» became effective on May 9, 2011. This way, all governmental bodies had 4.5 years to learn its provisions and to implement them.

Liked the article? Help us be even more cool!
Want to learn first about the new research of the Institute of Mass Media? Subscribe to the newsletter!
Thank you for subscribing!