Judge in case of murder of Buzina recused himself
The judge of Shevchenkivsky district court in Kyiv Yevhen Sydorov who is presiding judge in the case of murder of the journalist and essayist Oles Buzina, has recused himself. Yevhen Sydorov told it on May 6th, as to the Channel 5. The judge said he was unable to adopt an impartial decision because of an attitude of some parties of the trial and because of the US report saying the trial was dragged out. At present, they will going to appoint new judge. As the lawyer of Buzina Artem Zakharov told, since now all stages of the trial which lasted for 15 months were brought to nothing by this decision of the judge, and hearings are to be started from the beginning. IMI informed Oles Buzyna, journalist and “Segodnia” daily’s former editor-in-chief was murdered on April 16th, 2015. He was shot from a car near the entrance to his apartment building. Andriy Medvedko and Denis POlishchuk suspected killers had been detained on June 18, 2015. On December2015 the Pechersk district court modified their preventive measure to home detention. The suspects had been charged with premeditated murder committed upon a preliminary collusion (article 115, par. 2nd, alinea 12th) and illegal possession of gun (article 263, par. 1), they could face fro m 10 to 15 years of imprisonment or life term imprisonment. The both denied being guilty. Their lawyers claimed the AND tests had been falsified. On 7th of June 2018, the Shevchenkivsky district court in Kyiv referred the case to the trial by jury. On August 2018 the Shevchenkivsky district court in Kyiv appointed 5 jurorss to consider the case on murder of Oles Buzyna. On April 2019, the prosecutor began read out indictment within this case.
Liked the article? Help us be even more cool!