20 September: deadline for registration for school of environmental journalism – Southern Ukraine
On 8-9 October, the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) will hold next training module of the School of environmental journalism– Southern Ukraine. Its participants will get knowledge and skills that will help them to cover environmental issues, namely those ones specific for southern regions of Ukraine, to avoid spreading ecological myths, to seek for ideas and experts on climate change and renewable energy, and reliable sources of information as to environmental topics as well.
The School of Environmental Journalism was launched under the project "Support to the Parliament of Ukraine on sustainable energy and environment," implemented by the United Nations Development Program with financial support from Sweden.
Journalists, bloggers and media activists from the south of Ukraine are invited to attend :
What? School of environmental journalism
When: 8-9 October, 2019
Where: Odessa (precise location is to be informed additionally to selected participants)
- coverage of key environmental issues in Ukraine, particularly in the southern regions - where to find relevant information, topic and expert;
- environmental journalist's crib - terms, sources, and reforms progress;
- how to avoid common myths about waste reform in Ukraine;
- where to look for ideas and experts on climate change and renewable energy;
- ecological status of the Black Sea;
- environmental data in the journalist's work: the Unified Registry of Environmental Impact Assessments, Open Data and other reliable sources of information.
Working language of the event: Ukrainian.
To participate in the training, please, fill the registration form by September 20, 6:00 p.m.
Participation in the school is free of charge for the 20 participants who will be selected as a result of the questionnaire review.
The organizers will provide travel to Odessa for selected participants from other cities.
The selection results will be announced by September 25, 2019 (inclusive).
For more details please, contact Iryna Gerasimenko at: [email protected], +38 (044) 253-93-63.
Help us be even more cool!