On February 28th, the press conference “Main media trends of first electoral campaign – 2019. Previous analysis” is to be hosted at the news agency Ukrinform in Kyiv. The press conference is initiated by the NGO “Institute of mass information” and NGO “Detektor Media”.
The experts will discuss the results of independent surveys in the news online editions in the context of respect of the standards on the eve of election and diffusing of messages of the Russian propaganda.
Location: News agency Ukrinform 9address: 8/16, street B. Khmelnytsky, Kyiv)
Date and hour: on February 28th, from 11.00 to 12.00 a.m.
– Oksana Romanyuk, Executive director of the NGO “Institute of Mass Information”
– Natalia Lihachova, Head of the NGO “Detektor Media”
- Svitlana Yeremenko, Executive directorof the "Institute for democracy named of Philip Orlyk"
– Galyna Petrenko, Director of the NGO “Detektor Media”
– Taras Shevchenko, Director of the Center for democracy and rule of law
– Olga Ayvazovska, Head of board of administration of the Ukrainian NGO “Civil network “Opora”
At the press conference “Institute of Mass Information” and “Detektor Media” are going to present the results of several independent monitoring surveys of the news published in the prominent online editions and to evaluate all news formats on TV, including the news blocks, the talk shows, the summarizing programs. Also they will present the date of survey of Russian contents in Ukrainian mass media and coverage of developments in Ukraine by high-rating Russian talk-shows.
The NGO “Center for democracy and rule of law” and “Civil network “Opora” are to evaluate the election campaign in the mass media and speak on the prospects of the legislative changes and regulation of the mass media at the pre- election time.